We’re celebrating our 50th anniversary this year on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th August, 11am – 4pm.
Activities for the celebratory weekend include:
- Free ice cream – Ice Chefs will be making fresh ice cream for shoppers, served on sustainable bamboo plates in celebration of the Dolphin’s sustainable ethos. The ice cream flavour will be ‘birthday cake’
- Postal service – three postal workers will be roaming the centre to encourage shoppers to write a postcard which will arrive 12 months later to the specified address
- Giant Pass the Parcel – keep a look out for giant parcels stuffed with prizes, which will be passed around the centre from cheerful parcel passers that will be dressed head to toe in bright and colourful outfits
- Live music from The Summer of ’69 Birthday Band – complete with 1969 and Beatles-inspired costumes to get shoppers in full swing to celebrate
- Cartoonist Rose Popay – Rose will be creating mini portraits for 50 shoppers, as well as creating a painting ‘Portrait of a Party’ for the centre to capture the spirit of the celebratory weekend
- Walking birthday cake – characters dressed up as birthday cake will be roaming around the centre to bring laughter and entertainment
PLUS keep an eye out across our social channels for more information on our 50 for 50 treasure hunt.
YOU could win £50 voucher from a retailer at the centre.
We can’t wait to see you there!